Latest version: SpreadDEM v2.1.0
Previous version: SpreadDEM v2.0.2
Get a one year license in the GiD shop or try the one month trial version for free, sending a e-mail to email@example.com.
- TwinSpreader01: Twin disc spreader with rotating parts (inlet of particles directly over the disc).
- TwinSpreader02: Twin disc spreader with rigid parts (inlet of particles over the fixed parts).
What is new...
From v2.0.2 to v2.1.0 (16-07-2018):
From v2.0.1 to v2.0.2 (23-04-2018):
- Shaped inlets can be imported from an .stl file.
- Densified flow option added for inlets, so that the behaviour of the flow of particles is closer to the real hopper discharge (experimental).
- Spread pattern data can be exported in usable format (.json, .xls, .txt).
- Layers rendering options available on the left menu. Now the user can choose the colour, hide layers and change their transparency, both in pre and postprocess.
- When 'mirrored results' option is selected in preprocess, the contribution of a single disc can be also generated in Sstep 6.
- 'Process info' button added in Step 5 to show more details about the simulation process.
From v2.0.0 to v2.0.1 (10-04-2018):
- Warning message informing that the inlet of particles is not capable of generating the specified mass flow is integrated in Step 5 window instead of in a pop-up window (sometimes this window was pushed into the background and the simulation progress was not updated until you pressed OK).
- Now, the Y-Axis of the transverse distribution graph represents the proportion of the mean density.
From v1.5.4 to v2.0.0 (28-03-2018):
- Fixed bug on the information of a running case displayed in Step 6. The spread pattern is now available at a much earlier stage of the simulation.
From v1.5.3 to v1.5.4 (25-01-2018):
- Important simulation time reduction.
- Frequency of the results load option added in postprocess results window (Step 6).
- Project file size reduction: just first four turns of the disc results saved in high definition.
- Added as 'End time criterion' the total disc turns and the inlet stop time in calculation settings window (Step 5).
- Fixed bug on the inlet radius entry (Step 3: Inlet) and particle radius size factor entry (Step 6: Results). Sometimes they entered into a loop.
- Limit axes can be modified in spread pattern graph in 'Static spread pattern' window (Step 6).
From v1.5.2 to v1.5.3 (23-01-2018):
- Impact results option added in calculation settings window (Step 5). Activating this option increases considerably the computation time.
- Input variables summary can be saved as a .txt or .csv file in calculation settings window (Step 6).
From v1.5.1 to v1.5.2 (18-01-2018):
- Project file size reduction: just first eight turn of the disc results saved in high definition.
- Animation speed option added in postprocess results window (Step 6).
From v1.5.0 to v1.5.1 (10-01-2018):
- Fixed bug on the calculation of the automatic time step when the angular velocity of the disc is negative and is way above than 800 rpm (default value).
- Examples of calculated cases uploaded on the website and deleted on the installation package.
From v1.4.0 to v1.5.0 (09-01-2018):
- Fixed bug when ocasionally isolated particles reached the ground well before the rest of the particles.
From v1.3.0 to v1.4.0 (19-12-2017):
- Migration to GiD 13.0.3 pre and postprocessor.
- New example case integrating rigid parts.
- Update of results (coefficient of variation or dynamic spread pattern) in background window if any variable is changed (speed, working width, overlapping configuration) in foreground window.
- Deleted the duplicated message box asking to save the project when finish button is pressed.
- Warning message requesting confirmation to cancel the running process.
From v1.2.0 to v1.3.0 (13-12-2017):
- Fixed bug in inlet velocity vector and rotation axis when deleting inlet or discs geometry repeatedly (just when working in model units different from meters).
- Saving transverse distribution graphs now takes into account the width of the bins.
- New 'Capture settings' option in the side menu, allowing the assignment of some properties of the snapshots (size, transparency, background colour, etc.).
- New 'Print snapshot' option in the side menu.
- Background colour option added in postprocess results window (Step 6), also applied when recording animations. White and dark backgrounds are allowed.
- Background colour option added in preprocess, included in 'Capture settings' new feature. White and default coloured backgrounds are allowed.
- Updated automatic spinbox intervals when changing units.
From v1.1.0 to v1.2.0 (05-12-2017):
- Fixed bugs in rendering options and background colours.
- Improvements in generating inlets of particles over an existing disc.
- Improvements in the calculation of the automatic time step.
- Improvements in the processing of data for transverse distribution diagram.
- Warning dialog box when entering identical coordinates for the initial and final node defining the rotation axis.
- Fixed error with the motion of rotating bodies when working in model units different from meters.