Number of places: 1
Category: PhD student – PHD 1
Salary (gross): MSCA - ITN salary
Weekly working hours: 40 hours/week
Contract Type: Pre Doctoral
Duration: 3 years
Functions to be developed:
The candidate will be contracted in the framework of the Mathegram project, funded by H2020, MSCA-ITN 2018.
Also, as part of the MatheGram project, the candidate will be requiring to:
- Perform original research under the supervision of an academic advisor in the physical modelling of thermomechanical processes in granular materials (Analysis of Heat transfer in Granular materials using the particle finite element method (PFEM)) and in applying the new knowledge for adapting the powder coating process to the requirements of aerospace products
- Participate in the activities of the MatheGram programme: attending training workshops, collaborating with network partners, and undertaking periodic secondments at MatheGram partner organizations
- Produce written outputs as required during their PhD studies and to contribute to engagement and dissemination activities of MatheGram.
- Present regular progress reports within the requirements laid down by ACRT and by MatheGram.
According to WP 2018-2020 the candidates must comply the MSCA-ITN eligibility Criteria:
- Mobility rule: The researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of his/her host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment.
- Candidates shall be, at the time of recruitment, in the first four years (full time equivalent research experience) on their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree
Education and training (required):
- Master’s degree in Applied Physics, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or a closely related discipline with knowledge in Finite Element and Fluid Dynamics.
- Reading, writing, speaking and listening English IELTS Academic 6.5 overall with 6.0
- Programming skills in C++
Other valued skills (not mandatory):
- Academic awards.
- Papers published in journals and congress.
- Knowledge of other programming languages.
- Knowledge of Spanish.
The requisites and merits will be evaluated with a maximum note of 100 points. Such maximal note will be obtained summing up the following points:
- Academic degree according to the proposal 20%
- Other courses 15%
- Professional experience in topics according the proposal 5%
- Spanish knowledge as other language 10%
- Knowledge of other programming languages 10%
- Academic awards 10%
- Papers in journals and congress 10%
- Online Interview 20%
The curriculum and references have to be submitted to the email firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying as subject: VAC-2018-34
The deadline for submitting applications: until position is filled.
Pre selected candidates will have to send to email@example.com all the supporting documents. The candidates may be required to hold an interview, which may be online.
Download offer (PDF)