CIMNE-Castelldefels is at the Mediterrean Technology Park, located right next to the Olympic Canal. The headquarters are ten minutes walk from the train station and twenty from the beach. It is also very close from the airport (ten minutes) and from the center of Barcelona by car (around twenty minutes).
Using local trains (RENFE). The walking itinerary from the train station to the Campus takes 10 minuts and is well-marked.
The Castelldefels UPC Campus is 30 minutes away from Barcelona-Sants and 35 minuts from Barcelona-Passeig de Gràcia, using C2 line with final destination St. Vicenç/Vilanova-Maçanet. The frecuency of the trains is 4 to 6 per hour.
There are several bus lines which have a stop near the Parc Mediterrani de la Tecnologia (PMT). The operator company is Mohn and the buses are yellow. The recommended lines to arrive are the following:
- L95: Barcelona (Plaça de Catalunya and Plaça Espanya), L’Hospitalet, El Prat de Llobregat, Viladecans, Gavà, Castelldefels.
- L96: Sant Boi, Viladecans, Gavà, Castelldefels.
- L97: Barcelona (Zona Universitària, Maria Cristina) – Castelldefels, by the C-32 motorway without stopping.
Further information: http://www.baixbus.cat/es
There are two alternative routes:
- The C-32 motorway (exit 46).
- The C-31 expressway (exit Canal Olímpic).
CIMNE location at the Parc Mediterrani de la Tecnologia. PMT is very close to the El Prat airport.
Castelldefels general view, near the Canal Olímpic:
General layout of the "Parque Mediterráneo de la Tecnología".
Exact location of the C3 Building. The second and the third floor are occupied by the researchers and engineers of CIMNE, RADIANTIS and AERTEC. The EPSC professors have their offices at the ground and the first floor.