The successful candidate will join the team at Swansea University formed by Dr Rubén Sevilla, Professor Oubay Hassan and Professor Kenneth Morgan.
The aim of this project is to develop a reduced order model to be implemented in an in-house 3D finite volume solver for aerodynamic applications. The applications envisaged include:
- The rapid assessment of the effect of geometry to the flow structure.
- The rapid assessment of the effect of wind gust in aerodynamic shapes.
- The optimisation of aerodynamic shapes using a gradient free optimisation algorithm developed at Swansea.
- A degree in Engineering or Mathematics or relevant area
- A demonstrable ability to conduct research in line with the objectives of the project
- Evidence of planning skills to contribute to the research project
- Experience in computational fluid dynamics
- Experience in scientific programming
- Ability to present work both orally and written
- Experience in finite volume methods
- Experience in parallel programming.
The studentship covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees (£4,500), plus a stipend of approximately £15,000.
Informal enquiries may be made to Professor Oubay Hassan by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)