Number of positions: 1
Cathegory: Research Engineering - RENG 6
Salary (gross): 16.646,30 €
Weekly working hours: 40 h/week
Contract Type: Temporary
Contract period: 1 year
Scope and functions:
- Development of advanced discretization methods for computational fluid dynamics, with special emphasis on efficient solvers for incompressible flow problems and techniques to reduce computational complexity.
- The candidate must hold (or be close to completion of) a Master degree in computational mechanics, applied mathematics, computational science and engineering or closely related field.
- Prerequisites: knowledge of numerical approximation of PDEs and finite element method; good programming skills (Matlab and/or Fortran); hard-working and enthusiastic attitude; commitment to develop high-quality research. Experience on discontinuous Galerkin and finite volume methods is not compulsory but will be positively evaluated.
- MS degree in the above mentioned disciplines (held or close to completion).
- Training in recognized universities and research centers as well as participation to research projects will be positively evaluated. International experience will be a plus. Authorship or coauthorship of journal publications and/or contributions to international conferences will be positively evaluated.
- Knowledge of programming languages (matlab and/or FORTRAN). Experience implementing numerical methods for the solution of PDEs will be positively evaluated.
The required skillness and merits will be valued with a maximum score of 100 points. To obtain this note, the values obtained in the following sections will be summed up:
- Academic qualifications (20%)
- Knowledge of programming languages (20%)
- Professional Experience (10%)
- English knowledge (10%)
- Remote or presencial interview (40%)
Candidates must complete the "Application Form" form on our website: www.cimne.com/job-applications, indicating the reference of the vacancy and attaching the required documents.
The deadline for registration to the offer ends on July 15, 2019 at 12 noon.
The preselected candidates must send firstname.lastname@example.org all the documentation required in the section "Requirements" and "Merits" duly scanned and may be called for the performance of selective tests (which may be of eliminatory nature) and / or personal interviews.