Number of positions: 1
Cathegory: Research Engineering - RENG 4
Salary (gross): 26.009,84 €
Weekly working hours: 40 h/week (from 9am to 2pm and from 3pm to 6pm)
Contract Type: Research project
Duration: until 31/08/2020
Functions to be developed:
- The candidate will be integrated in the CENIT Research Group.
- Working on LASHFIRE H2020 project.
- Research in fire prevention on ships with special attention on Ro-Ro ships. Writing of technical reports and scientific articles.
- Evaluation of fire regulations on Ro-Ro ships.
- Quantification of fire risks on Ro-Ro ships.
- Cost-Benefit analysis to find the optimal stowage plan given certain terminal and ship operation constrains.
- Assessment of results with collaboration of ship and terminal operator.
- Helping with the coordination tasks.
Education and training (required):
- Degree in naval engineering
- MSc in Naval and Oceanic Engineering
- Languages: Spanish and English
- Degree in naval engineering and MSc in Naval and Oceanic Engineering.
- Required languages: Spanish and English.
- Previous experience in maritime transport, sustainable ports and short sea shipping.
- Experience in European Commission programs and MINECO projects.
Other valued skills (not mandatory):
- Experience in operational research.
- Knowledge of H2020 or other research financed projects.
- Previous experience as a ship manager or having worked as a naval engineer in situ on board ships.
- Working experience in a similar position.
The requisites and merits will be evaluated with a maximum note of 100 points. Such maximal note will be obtained summing up the following points:
- Academic education (35%)
- Professional experience (15%)
- Other languages (English) (10%)
- EU and MINECO projects expertise (10%)
- Personal interview (30%)
The required skillness and merits will be valued with a maximum score of 100 points. To obtain this note, the values obtained in the following sections will be summed up:
- Academic qualifications (20%)
- Knowledge of programming languages (20%)
- Professional Experience (10%)
- English knowledge (10%)
- Remote or presencial interview (40%)
Candidates must complete the "Application Form" form on our website http://www.cimne.com/vpage/2/People/Job-Offers, indicating the reference of the vacancy and attaching the required documents.
The deadline for submitting applications is July 29, 2019 at 12am.
The preselected candidates can be requested the documentation in the sections of "Requirements" and "Merits" and may be called for the performance of selective tests (which may have an eliminatory character) and / or personal interviews.
Download offer (PDF)