Number of places: 1
Salary (gross): 16.246,05 €
Weekly working hours: Full time
Contract type: Temporal
Duration: 3 months
Functions to be developed:
- Plan and conduct high quality research within the LSSC team
- Collaborate with various research groups across Europe and elsewhere
- Document and disseminate the research results within CIMNE and externally
- Publish in high impact journals
- Collaborate in the preparation of competitive RTD research proposals
- Having a degree in mathematics, applied mathematics, engineering or related discipline.
- Being currently enrolled in a PhD degree in computational mechanics, applied mathematics or related discipline.
- Good publication record (a minimum of 2 papers published in indexed journals)
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- Good knowledge of the Finite Element Method and its high-performance implementation applied to the modelling and simulation of metal additive manufacturing processes.
- Good knowledge of the scientific computing programing language FORTRAN 2008
- Good knowledge of the HPC finite element framework FEMPAR
Other valued skills (not mandatory):
- Previous research and/or academic experience in the field of the position
- Good programming skills
- Foreign language skills
- Good communication skills
- Capacity to attract own funding sources proven by previous awards in competitive research fellowships
The requisites and merits will be evaluated with a maximum note of 100 points. Such maximal note will be obtained summing up the following points:
- Publication and career track: 40%
- Previous research and academic experience in the field of the position: 20%
- Programming skills: 20%
- Language skills: 10%
- Communication/Teaching skills: 10%
Candidates must complete the "Application Form" form on our website, indicating the reference of the vacancy and attaching the required documents.
The deadline for registration to the offer ends on March 24, 2020 at 12 noon.
The preselected candidates must send email@example.com all the documentation required in the section "Requirements" and "Merits" duly scanned and may be called for the performance of selective tests (which may be of eliminatory nature) and / or personal interviews.