Number of places: 1
Category: Research Engineer (RENG 6)
Salary (gross): 17.021,67 €
Weekly working hours: 40 hours/week
Contract type: Temporal
Duration: 1 year
Functions to be developed:
- Development of advanced discretisation methods for computational fluid and solid dynamics, with special emphasis on high-order discontinuous Galerkin methods and robust finite volume solvers for industrial applications.
- The candidate must hold (or be close to completion of) a Master degree (or equivalent) in applied mathematics, computational science and engineering, computational mechanics or closely related fields.
- Prerequisites: knowledge of numerical approximation of PDEs and finite element method; good programming skills (Matlab and/or Fortran and/or C/C++); hard-working and enthusiastic attitude; commitment to develop high-quality research. Experience on discontinuous Galerkin and finite volume methods is not compulsory but will be positively evaluated.
- Written and oral communication skills in English.
Other valued skills (not mandatory):
- MS degree (or equivalent) in the above mentioned disciplines (held or close to completion).
- Authorship or co-authorship of journal publications and/or contributions to international conferences will be positively evaluated.
- Training in recognised universities and research centers as well as participation to research projects will be positively evaluated. International experience will be a plus.
- Knowledge of programming languages (Matlab and/or FORTRAN and/or C/C++). Experience implementing numerical methods for the solution of PDEs will be positively evaluated.
The requisites and merits will be evaluated with a maximum note of 100 points. Such maximal note will be obtained summing up the following points:
- Academic education: 20%
- Training: 30%
- Professional experience: 10%
- Knowledge of English language: 10%
- Selective tests and interview: 35%
Candidates must complete the "Application Form" form on our website, indicating the reference of the vacancy and attaching the required documents.
The deadline for registration to the offer ends on July 31, 2020 at 12 noon.
The preselected candidates must send email@example.com all the documentation required in the section "Requirements" and "Merits" duly scanned and may be called for the performance of selective tests (which may be of eliminatory nature) and / or personal interviews.