ED-Tridim is an educational program for the analysis of 1D, 2D and 3D framework and pin-joint structures using matrix methods.Todays structural analysis methods are all based on matrix techniques. Matrix analysis is vital for applying the theoretical fundamentals and the numerical procedures in a clear and compact manner.
ED-Tridim consists of 4 modules:
||The Theory module summarises the fundamentals of structural analysis using matrix methods.It includes a theoretical appendix (with the user manual) and a Windows-based Help system (with the programs) that can be accessed at any time during the solution process.|
||The Library module is the editor of ED-Tridim and can be used to generate and/or modify any kind of 1D, 2D and 3D framework or pin-joint structure. This includes material data, different load types and boundary conditions. There is no size limit for generating new structures.|
||In the Example module the structural analysis process is entirely carried out by ED-Tridim. The user merely follows the step by step instructions of the program, i.e. the node numbering, the assembly of the stiffness matrix and the load vector, applying boundary conditions etc.|
||In the Exercise module the user is asked to interactively participate in the structural analysis process. Here ED-Tridim merely act as a guiding or counseling tutor. In cases of doubt the program can perform steps which are unclear to the user.|
The user can perform the analysis step by step. Alternatively he can skip individual calculation phases or he can directly go to the final solution. This makes ED-Tridim an ideal tool for both educational purposes as well as for professional users.
Characteristics of ED-Tridim.
- Generate any kind of 1D, 2D and 3D framework and pin-joint structure
- The number of elements that can be generated is only limited by the computer's RAM
- The Results can be printed out in graphics and in ASCII-text format
- The user interface is interactive and user-friendly
- The programs allow the user to adopt individual learning strategies
- The programs improve the academic performance while the effort required is reduced
- The programs are ideal for self-learning methods
- Learning by doing real structural calculations
- 486-compatible PC or better
- 4 MB RAM (8 MB recommended)
- Microsoft Windows 95/NT
- The program and the user manual are available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian and Portuguese.
- The program is protected against copying and can only be installed on one computer at a time.
- Additional licences as well as network installations are also available.
- Special offers for students, ask to firstname.lastname@example.org