- On January the 30th, 2009 the RamWass project final meeting, will take place at the Institute of Continuous Mechanics of the University of Hannover in Germany. The objective of the meeting will be to present the work done during the full duration of the project. The work done will be reviewed by the European Commission Project Officer. To download the Final Meeting Agenda make click here.
- CIMNE's TIC (Information and Communication Technology Group) adapted the digital terrain model of the Doņana Marshes to be displayed by the map visualizer with GIS capabilities developed by the CIMNEs TIC group. Click here to display the DTM of the Doņana Marshes map.
- On October 30th, the Fourth 6th month meeting will have place on the installations of the International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering of the Technical University of Catalonia in Barcelona. The objective of the meeting will be to review and discuss the progress done during the last 6 months and to plan the work to do in the final 6 months of the project. To download the Fourth 6-Month Meeting Agenda make click here.
- An analysis tool based in artificial neural networks has been developed to perform subsidence emergency Analysis for the Delta of the PO River in Italy. This system allows computing subsidence analysis in real time and presents results in the form of thematic maps. This tool comes to enhance the Ramwass DSS that now includes: 1) hydrodynamic emergency analysis of the Elbe River and 2) the recently developed subsidence emergency analysis for the Po River described above.
- On March 27th, the Third 6th month meeting will have place on the Regional Po Delta Park of Veneto,halfway between Venice and Ravenna in Italy. The objective of the meeting will be to review and discuss the progress done during the first 18 months of the project , and to plan the work to do in the following 6 months.
To download the Third 6-Month Meeting Agenda make click here.
The virtual database consists now in two web plataforms: a wiki site called RamWipedia and a Document Management System.
The RamWipedia compiles the information available to partners and to the general public relating to the three test sites of the project.
The Wiki format allows partners to easily include contents and modify the structure in a dynamic way
There are two ways to search for contents:
- By searching - If you know the exact name of an article you are looking for
- By browsing - Show results related to the topic you are looking for
The Document Management System compiles the documentation available related to proyect deliverables, technical reports, etc. that are only available for project members.
It's a useful document searching and organizing tool.
There are three ways to interact with partners:
- Forum - Thematic discussions
- Chat - Written discussions with other on-line partners
- Video conferences - Face to face on-line meetings
On October 2nd, the Second 6th month and Review Meeting will have place on Bleckede, Germany. The objective of the meeting will be to review and discuss the progress done during the first project year, and to plan the work to do in the following 6 months.
To download the Second 6-Month Meeting Agenda make click here.
CIMNE's TIC (Information and Communication Technology Group) developed a suitable map visualizer with GIS capabilities adapted to present results obtained in the Emergency Analysis.
The visualizer is based on Mapserver technology and gives a user-friendly graphical output at a low computational cost, making possible to have several users at the same time without any inconvenience.
One of the main features of the map visualizer is that it shows the information in very short time and in a very convenient way. It is capable of presenting information associated to each variable calculated on the Emergency Analysis jut by clicking on the area or points of interest, which makes it a powerful tool in the process of decision making.
The RAMWASS webpage was moved to a new dominion and with a new web design to host what it will be the decision support system of the project for the different test sites.